Memorial Day is a time to remember the honorable people who gave their lives to serve this country. It is also a time to enjoy fabulous food with family and friends.
Memorial Day food is all about the grill, the snacks, and the Great Outdoors. Knowing this I included a list of bbq, sides, and treats to give you the perfect Memorial Day Celebration.
Bellini Ice Tea
3 Tbsp honey
2 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
1 cup raspberries
Fresh brewed tea
*optional lemon wedges or mint leaves
1 lb broccoli (steamed and diced)
3/4 c chopped raw cashews
1/4 cup Mayo (I like Just mayo)
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tablespoon of dijon mustard
Add the broccoli to the bowl, along with the vinegar, cashews, craisins, dijon, and garlic
Toss everything to combine. Serve immediately, or wait until it’s cold. It’s good either way.
3 chicken breasts cubed
3 zucchini, 1/4 inch slices
3 summer squash, 1/4 inch slices
16 baby portabella mushrooms
3 tomatoes, sliced into 8 wedges
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
1 clove garlic
Cut veggies into rounds and place them on your chopstick with the two to three chicken cubes per skewer. Lay out on the foil and marinate with garlic, olive oil, and balsamic.
Grill for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp.
BANANA SPLIT BITES
- Cut fruit and assemble onto popsicle sticks.
- Place fruit in freezer until frozen solid.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate along with the coconut oil on the stove-top or in the microwave, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Once completely melted, remove the frozen fruit from the freezer.
- Dip the fruit in the chocolate, let the excess drip off and then place on the sheet to harden.
- If desired, dip the chocolate covered side immediately in chopped nuts or coconut before placing them on the sheet to harden.
- Once the chocolate is completely hardened, remove from the sheet and place in an airtight container to store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Happy Memorial Day ..