Do you ever become really hard on yourself after your workout is over?
“I should have gone harder, done more weight, got more reps etc” …..
Why is this?
Why can we not just be grateful for the fact that we should up, or that we accomplished something in the hour of class?
I was talking to a client recently and we were talking about how refreshing it was when we decided to take the focus off “beating others times, or beating ourselves up over situations that really don’t play a big role in the whole scheme of things” .
I recently heard a very memorable quote from the great John Maxwell saying “You have to be thankful for the place you are in, in order to get to the place you want to go”.
This is so true, and i myself need to focus on this daily. How is beating ourselves up going to be healthy for our fitness and our mental state?
Wouldn’t it be a much more enjoyable healthy way to live, if we could be proud of ourselves for all the wonderful tasks we are completing in life, instead of looking at the things we can’t!
Sometimes it takes an event or series of events to gain clarity on what really is important in life, but why do we have to have something serious happen why can’t we just gain a positive perspective now!
I will be training a client and they will finish and say “Well I only did this amount of weight, or I used a band, etc.. I always correct them and tell them to eliminate the word only and be proud of the work that they put in!
Here are some great ways to keep perspective in your daily habits and life in the gym …
1. I am a better person for walking through these doors today no matter what the outcome!
2. I am going to enjoy each moment, my coaches, and my friends while I am in here.
3. I am going to remove all negative thoughts and words from my vocabulary when I step into my gym doors.
4. I am going to encourage others and help cheer them on, taking the negative pressure off myself and using my power for the good.
5. If I don’t perform to my full capabilities I am not going to be less of a person, it is only more incentive to fight harder and become better each time!
What are some positive quotes you are going to tell yourself Fit Ones? What is a negative habit that you will change for the positive?
What comes out of our mouths and what we tell ourselves is a HUGE reflexion of where we are at! Start focusing on the fantastic individual that you are and see how much quicker the results will happen!
Post in the comments below….